Mental Comfort, Health & Wellness for Our Children
Children have so many questions about “Why” this is happening.
- Talk about it, don’t avoid it: They understand all the changes and they miss their normal routine!
- Explaining what is happening and what this means for us because a lot of anxiety arises from a lack of kids not understanding: Yes! Children have anxiety too!
- Pretending a pandemic doesn’t exist is harmful to kids who are anxious, nervous, and looking to you for answers.
- Set a special time weekly or every few days to allow kids to discuss concerns and worries, and then move on to whatever content you had planned.
- Most importantly, ask them questions to check for proper understanding!